AI 2016 Workshop
AI 2016 will host the following workshops on 5th Dec 2016.
- The 8th International Workshop on Collaborative Agents Research & Development (CARE) — CARE for a Smarter Society
Contact: Dr. Fernando Koch (email@example.com)
- Time Series Analytics and Applications
Contact: Dr. Andrew Hellicar (Andrew.Hellicar@data61.csiro.au)
We will post the workshop websites and CFPs soon. Following are the tentative timeline of different steps:
- Workshop call for papers: July 20, 2016
- Suggested workshop paper submission deadline: September 20, 2016
- Suggested workshop author notification: October 15, 2016
- Workshop camera-ready and paper registration due: October 30, 2016
Please contact Dr. Ashfaqur Rahman (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries.
- KOREAN ACADEMY OF SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS IN AUSTRALASIA (KASEA) Annual Workshop
Contact: Assoc Prof. Byeong Ho Kang (Byeong.Kang@utas.edu.au)
AI 2016 Tutorials
AI 2016 will host the following tutorial on 5th Dec 2016.
- Title: Deep Learning and Applications in Non-Cognitive Domains
Summary: In this tutorial, the organiser will explain the theory and practice of deep learning. The goal is to bring the AI audience the latest developments in this fast moving eld. The tutorial has an emphasis on practice with case-studies drawn mainly from non-cognitive domains. The material is based on our own research at Centre of Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA), Deakin University, available at: http://prada-research.net/~truyen/repLearn.html
Duration: TBA (3hours)
Speaker: Truyen Tran
Speaker’s details: Truyen Tran is a lecturer at Deakin University where he currently works on deep learning, healthcare analytics and software analytics. His other research topics include probabilistic graphical models, recommender systems, structured output prediction, anomaly detection, model stability, and mixed-data analysis. Tran has received multiple recognitions, awards and prizes including Best Paper Runner Up at UAI (2009), Geelong Tech Award (2013), CRESP Best Paper of the Year (2014), Third Prize on Kaggle Galaxy-Zoo Challenge (2014), Title of Kaggle Master (2014), Best Student Paper Runner Up at PAKDD (2015), Distinguished Paper at ACM SIGSOFT (2015), and Deakin Thought Leader (2016).
Important Dates for Tutorial Proposals:
- Tutorial proposals due: 1st August 2016
- Notification of accepted tutorials: TBA
- Individual Tutorial web pages and CFPs due: TBA
- Event Date: 5th Dec 2016
Dr. Ashfaqur Rahman, Data61, CSIRO, email@example.com
Dr. Charlotte Sennersten, Data61, CSIRO,Charlotte.Sennersten@data61.csiro.au