Part of the 29th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 5 December 2016, prior to the conference 6-8 December
We wish to invite doctoral candidates in the field of AI to participate in the AI’16 Doctoral Consortium, held immediately before the AI’16 conference. The half-day event will include:
- three-minute thesis-style presentations to hone attendees’ elevator pitch skills;
- professionally-run career development activities; and
- opportunities for networking with your fellow doctoral candidates.
Any current PhD candidate may apply to take part. All papers should be submitted in PDF format and formatted using Springer’s manuscript submission guideline:http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html Applicants must submit a two-page abstract, including references, describing some recent, previously unpublished work. Applicants may also submit a paper to the main conference, and we encourage you to do so, although this is not a requirement of participation.
Submission will be through the Microsoft conference management system https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/AIDC2016.
A limited number of scholarships are available to support participants, with priority given to those who also have papers accepted into the main conference.
Important Dates for the Consortium:
- Abstract submission (round 1):
10 July 2016→ 28 July 2016 (23:59 AEST)
- Notification (round 1): 17 August 2016
- Abstract submission (round 2): 10 October 2016
- Notification (round 2): 24 October 2016
Applications in round 1 may be invited to submit an extended version of their abstract to the main conference.